Wednesday 25 November 2009

Filharmonia w Krakowie


Yesterday was a busy day for me.
It does not mean that I was rushing all the time, but I was going from one place to another linking every activity.

During the morning, cleaning the bathroom and the kitchen was the main "lovely" activity. Since I spent half of the weekend travelling and the other half almost death resting, I had to clean during week days...
There is one thing certain. The s**t does not forgive anyone, and goes all around until the most unimaginable places ever... I think I met some specks of dust who were created in 1895...

After this great entertainment and with the cleaning products' smell still in my hands, I put myself towards the University where my professor gave me a great piece of work for stepping forward in my thesis. Today I was analyzing it and I think it will be working as soon as possible.

Small bite and I continued in the University, prepa
ring a motivation letter for a job in Nokia.
I have to use a proper language, of course in English, not my mother tongue, so some times I need help from the net, from people who are helping me with the content and way of expressing myself (thank you Emanuele) and the help of my last English language teacher in Spain, who is British and always willing to help with her Proficie
ncy way of correcting every kind of written paragraph.

It seems like I have many of the requirements of the position, but I know it is not going to be easy to get the position. Anyway, nobody says that life is easy... :)
I'll keep this blog upload with further news about it...

After struggling with English written language, I rem
embered that I was invited to a concert in Filharmonia (Koncert symfoniczny). Aga, my always energetic and motivated flat mate, told us all to go because her cousin was playing contrabass and she would like to see us all in there.

The concert was at 19:00, so at 18:00 I was already going home to get ready and meet Bartek and Szymczak for getting ready and leave towards the concert.
I was told to dress smart, so the only choice I had was to wear a suit (the one I tailor-made in Bangkok), cause I still did not wash the clothes from
Copenhagen trip... (I know, I know, it is hightime. I promiss it is going to be the next thing after finishing this post.)

Bartek also decided to wear his suit, and he exposed: "I don't like you being the only one wearing suit...". Actually, he likes wearing suit even more than me... hehe.

Well, the point of the post: The concert in Filharmonia.
Here you can see the pieces:
Maurice Ravel (1875-1937)
Le tombeau de Couperlin
1. Prélude
2. Fornala
3. Menuet
4. Rigaudon

Jacques Ibert (1890-1962)
Koncert fletowy
1. Allegretto
2. Andante
3. Finale -Alegro scherzando

***

Maurice Ravel (1875-1937)
Il suita z baletu Dafnis i Chloe
1. Lever du jour
2. Pantomima
3. Danse générale

My impression is that they have made a great job coordinating such a big choir and the orchesta. Last pieces were the most energetic and there was not really time to think in different things since my body hair was bristled the most of the time...

The second best thing that I want to stress is the guy in the flute.
As some of you know I play flutes from time to time while being in Spain, but of course not with such a knowledge and good and smooth techniques he had.
The flute lovers should have been there with me and see him playing... It was marvelous...

The director was also very impressive gaining the respect of the audience as well as a many times repeated warm applause.
And last but not least, I want to mention Jakub Str
ycharz, the first contrabass and our flat mate's cousin, who created a big expectation among us... Well done mate!

More concretely the "starrings" were:

Wiesław Suruło --- Flute
Lidia Matynia --- Choir master
Sławek Adam Wróblewski --- Director

Chór i Orkiestra Symfoniczna
Akademii Muzycznej w Krakowie

And here a small picture of the concert in the middle of a bit applause.
(Taken with my N900 :))

Nice time in Filharmonia, with nice people during a nice day.




No comments: