Tuesday 27 October 2009

Setting up JackOSX and the first examples...

Here I am, configuring a pretty handy application for using the jack ports as input/output of data, for afterwards processing.

Following the instructions of site:
http://dis-dot-dat.net

I am now able to compile and open a basic C example of jack. (metronome)

This will be needed for my thesis for capturing the data from it and transform it into OFDM signal. So my purpose is to take data from the jack port and convert it into OFDM signal to further study.
It did not take so long to set it up, so I guess it will be easy to plug it into the Qt-C++ code.

Note: I had a problem with the files in Sourceforge repository.
They are pretty old (from 2003) and jack_client_new is deprecated. SO I changed it for jack_client_open and I added 2 zeros in the new inputs of the function. It stopped to say that the function is deprecated...

Now I'll keep going a bit more trying to compile different examples to wide a bit my knowledge...

Let's see how and when I end up...

No comments: