Thursday 15 October 2009

Qwt in MacOSX

Last time since I posted, and it had nothing to do with this new post.
But here I am again.

Since I'm working on Qt C++ software development under my MacOSX 10.5 I'm having some configuration "affairs" with it, so here I write the first one.

Deployment of Qt application using Qwt for technical graphs...

Since I'd like to show some OFDM signal spectrums in my application I need to implement it with qwt.
Once I downloaded the qwt source from here, I copied it to my Developer folder and I started "qmaking".
So nice to see that all the .pro files are already created and you don't need anything but qmake for having the software ready...

so in my MacOSX terminal:

fernando-martins-macbook:bin martin$ cd /Developer/qwt-5.2.0/

fernando-martins-macbook:qwt-5.2.0 martin$ qmake -spec macx-g++

and the Makefile is created.

Inside the qwt-5.2.0/ folder there are some examples that can be easily open just following the same procedure.
But what a surprise when once they were build I could not be able to open them with this simple operation:

open bode.app

The libqwt.5.dylib was missing "somewhere" during the creation process of the app...

After installation of qwt, in my OS I could find the libraries in /usr/local/qwt-5.2.0/lib (you can check this path in qwtconfig.pri),
so it is only needed to add this folder to the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Remember: echo $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH will show you the current value of the variable.

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH= {The previous path}:/usr/local/qwt-5.2.0/lib (in my case)

The apps were created normally and I could run them to see how qwt works under Mac :)



No comments: