Friday 23 October 2009

Hello to Qt, Maemo 5 & Nokia N900 :)


I think I'd should start telling that I am accepted to attend a training in Qt programing
for maemo (The based-on-linux operating system of the coming soon-Nokia N900).

The training will be in Copenhagen from 18 to 20 of November 2009, I have already my flights booked and a very hospitable Danish guy who is hosting me thanks to CouchSurfing.org project!!

The point is that we will be programming in C++, with Qt and for the Maemo OS.
Seems easy? Probably, but it took me some time to know how to start with all these techs together...

First of all, I'm working under MacOSX, so no
way to install scratchbox in here.

So I had to download an vmdk image for runni
ng under VM (I'm using VirtualBox).
This vmdk englobes an entire Ubuntu OS oriented to Maemo developing.
But not everything was done already.

After, Installing SDK and play with scratchbox while Starting with Maemo SDK, I was finally able to compile and run the HelloQt programme under scratchbox as well.

The result? A fancy N900 window saying: Hello Qt!






Isn't it nice? :)

I hope I'll be able to create something more complicated before the training!
Thank you for reading!

No comments: