Wednesday 22 April 2009

Weekend in Kyiv!

Old Soviet union, cruel WWII fights, not lucky 26 of April 1986 in Chernobyl, old Polish city L'viv, huge Dnipro river, currency called hryvnias, big and green city Kyiv and lovely people who greet saying privet! Can you guess in which country I've been recently? I guess it's easy with such an information written...
Ukraine host me during last days and I wanted to talk about it.

Starting from Katowice and this beautiful sunset, all was going on normally. Bus to Katowice airport, checking in, and waiting for my Wizzair plane.


Once in Kyiv, no problem occured since AEGEE exists!! :)
Olga picked me up and since that time, everything was prepared, lovely and in time!
Thank you Olguita!It was great!



When Kyiv people told me that the city I was sightseeing in that moment was one of the greenest of Europe I was very surprised, but you only need a few hours getting yourself lost in the city centre to feel the green in your own body. And if you have the opportunity of visiting it in Spring, don't hesitate!
Here I upload a very good proof of it.


Souvenirs have a place and a proper name. Andriyivs’ky, where you can buy typical Ukrainian clothes, Easter eggs, handmade plates, wooden boxes, and hanging decorations to bring good luck to your home :)

I hope mum and sister will like what I got there for them! :)

Orthodox churches are spread all around Kyiv, and you can recognize them since they have a peculiar shape from the outside. Here you can see one of the most famous ones just next to the street I’ve mentioned before. It’s really nice to see it, and even more if you have good weather like I had!



If the WWII is a topic you like, don't miss the museum located on the top of one of the seven hills of the city.
You'd see some of the battles in Ukraine well explained, and the power that the soviet union had in that time. Thank you Irina for the well explained tour!!

I also want to thank Choranova who had to get up early for me not to get lost in Kyiv!
thank you Ola!



воля is the word you can appreciate watching the national emblem,
which means liberty. Another thing that I know thanks to AEGEE Kyiv people!

I also have to say that they are working so hard in AGORA preparations and since Magusa one has finished, all of you should be thinking of coming to Fall Agora Kyiv 2009 ;)

In the picture, one of the brave guys in AEGEE Kyiv board. Keep going Petya! :)

Summarizing, I have to say that I really liked Kyiv.
And I only have one word to the fantastic people from AEGEE who took care of me:
Спасибо!

More interesting pictures: http://picasaweb.google.es/f.martin.85/Kyiv16thApr09#

No comments: